Saturday, June 16, 2012

Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Yesterday I went and picked up my brother's turtles and goldfish from his school - they are now the newest residents of 60 Keep Street!  The turtles are both young red-eared sliders, and the fish is a BIG ASS GOLDFISH.  Seriously, he's a big mamba-jamba.  Currently they are named "Leopard" for her/his spotted belly, "Harry Potter" the gold fish, and "Kelly"... because my brother's students are the worst pet namers ever.  So I am looking for another name for the second turtle.

I am thinking Leopard and Tiberius, or Leo & Tibs for short.  I am a little paranoid that Leopard is super stressed from the move.  She/he is very skiddish, whereas Tibs/Kelly will just eye me suspiciously when I get near the tank.  Neither have been basking yet, and they should be spending a lot of time in the light, so hopefully they just need to relax from the trip.  
Harry Potter is just fine.  Symon, resident fat ketteh, could care less that there are new friends in the house, and instead woke me up at 5:45 this morning for snacks.  SYMON ITS SATURDAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment