Thursday, October 14, 2010

If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

I went back to AZ last weekend... my college roommate's wedding and the 30th Annual Flagstaff 10's Tournament - How could I pass that up?!  Needless to say, it was amazing.  I saw some old friends, got to see a beautiful wedding, basked in the AZ sunshine (it was a beautiful weekend) and tried to remember why I ever moved away... (ok, I do remember, it was for quite a few reasons).

Oh and for the record, I did not go to school in the desert.  We have snow (record snow fall last year actually) and trees (Ponderosa, Cottonwood and Aspen) and our mascot is Louie the LUMBERJACK!  Go Jacks!!

Yes, the sky is really that color.  There were no clouds, just endless blue skies all day.



SNOW ON THE PEAKS!!! 

New dining all wing... and Louie!  
Of all of the Lumberjack statues on campus, this is the only one that isn't creepy



Old Main steps

My teammate Rachel, getting her, um, war paint on?

I bet you are...



My home away from home for 4 years, with new windows and a new sign!

Wildflowers on campus



I think this plant is poisonous... 
**Edit: It is poisonous!** 
It's in this genus of plants: Datura; I knew I learned something in my AZ Forests and Wildlife class at NAU!  (it was such a great class)

everything in AZ is either poisonous or has thorns


HDR sunset from Sunset Point on I-17

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh these photos are all amazing! makes me miss the zone so much. looks like you had a good time! and the new dining hall looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete