Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Lakehouse

This past October, my parents purchased a lake house in the NE part of PA because they are transitioning into retirement (my dad wants this to be his last year working).  Here are two photographs that I took while visiting it, both are edited (one really edited!) HDR images w/o a tripod (which is a dumb idea).  They were taken from our dock.


The house is funny, on the outside it looks like a barn, and is painted an yellowish color with green trim... its a little ugly, and I think my parents are going to repaint it this summer.  Inside, there are beautiful dark beams and a massive stone wall and a double sided stone fireplace.  Upstairs there are three small bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.  In the basement is another bedroom and bathroom and a large room that could be a media room/game room, but right now, is completely empty.  We are on the lake, but the property is steep and there is a boardwalk with 77 steps down to the dock and lake.  Its a bit of a hike, but the property is wooded and full of GIANT rocks, which is pretty cool.  Once it is all fixed up, I will post some pretty pictures, but I think the best part of the house is the lake, which is beautiful all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment